Saturday, September 18, 2010

On his 60th: 'ನೂರೊಂದು ನೆನಪು ಎದೆಯಾಳದಿಂದ..'


Well, I had been thinking about writing this article for sometime now. I'm still out of words, just like I was on the morning of 30th December, 2009. May be it's better to say, that I haven't been able to digest the fact that he is no more with us. He would have been 60 had he been alive today. But somehow I'm digging my inside, searching for those few words, to put-forth my feelings I've always had for this great man! Vishnuvardhan - easily the most watched actor by me! 

I have always had great respect for him. His versatility, voice, poise, eye communication, dialogue delivery- well, he was surely an amazing actor. I regard some of his movies as classics and are indeed very special to me. This isn't just because he was one of those actors I grew up watching and thus have had a sense of admiration by default. But it's mainly due to the aura he brought along on-screen. He had his own style like most of the superstars do. I still recall the scenes from some of his movies very often: 'Bandhana' - where he rehearses before proposing to Suhasini, 'Naagarahaavu' - when his teacher K.S.Ashwath dies, 'Muttina Haara' - when he loses his son in the desert, 'Suprabhata' - his miming in certain scenes, 'Maduve Maadu Tamaashe Nodu' - his comic timing; and the list goes on. I consider him as one of those very few actors who could communicate various emotions purely through the eyes.

When I heard the news that he had passed away, I barely reacted. Even today I find it hard to realize that he is no more. But yeah, he has left behind some great movies and memories for millions of us. Being an amateur actor myself, I have to confess that I try imagining how he would have acted, had he been in the scene. Also, quite strangely, the southpaw's armlet and his voice are the two things that my mind recollects quite often! Bandhana, Muttina Haara, Suprabhata, Naagarahaavu, Yajamana, Halunda Thavaru, Nishkarsha, Karna, Guru Shishyaru, Bhootayyana Maga Ayyu, Maduve Maadu Tamaashe Nodu - are some of the movies that are memorable. For being one of the very few role models I have come across in life so far, thanks a lot for everything - Vishnuvardhan aka Sampath Kumar!

I know you are up there, amongst the Gods, and maybe entertaining them! Let me wish you a happy 60th birthday. I hope you are doing fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishnuvardhan_(actor)

No comments:

Post a Comment